There are so many incredible health benefits of medicinal mushrooms, and they’re the subject of intense research by scientists and health researchers all over the world. Medicinal mushrooms have been used to boost health and healing by indigenous communities and traditional health practices for centuries. This ancient wisdom has finally trickled through to the mainstream, with consumers increasingly seeking products such as our Power Potion to harness the incredible health boosts for themselves! Here is a quick run down of our favourite health benefits...
1. Immune System Support Medicinal mushrooms contain many beneficial components that work in synergy to optimize the immune system; beta-glucans, flavonoids, glycoproteins, lipids, anti-inflammatory sterols and ergothioneines, to name a few!
2. Powerful Antioxidants Medicinal mushrooms (especially Chaga) have the highest ORAC values of any food substance on Earth. They are a rich source of antioxidants, specifically Melanin which protects our DNA from oxidative stress and damage - a true anti-ageing superfood!
3. Brain Health Boosting Medicinal mushrooms such as Lions Mane help improve brain health by stimulating the production of Nerve Growth Factors (neuron regulators) and blood circulation. Because of this, these powerful medicinal mushrooms are being used to help manage symptoms of neurodegenerative disease and managing mental health symptoms such as anxiety, depression and schizophrenia.
4. Disease Fighting Friends Mushrooms have been used to treat malignant diseases for thousands of years. The health promoting compound beta-glucan found in these mushrooms are the focus of intense study in the scientific community for their proliferation of tumor cells and incredible immune system support.
5. Gut Health Gut flora is incredibly important for overall health and wellbeing. Our digestive system contains beneficial bacteria that affect the absorption of essential vitamins and minerals, hormone regulation, digestion, immune system response, and toxin elimination. Recent studies show mushrooms are a strong probiotic that can be used to support long-term gut health.
6. Anti-bacterial & Anti-fungal Over 100 medicinal mushrooms contain antibacterial and antifungal compounds. Antibiotics such as penicillin are made from fungi, and the scientific community are busy investigating the ways mushrooms can be used to fight bacterial and fungal infections.
7. Energy & Vitality Athletes around the globe are increasingly turning to Cordyceps to help improve performance, stamina and endurance. This mushroom increases ATP, which improves how the body uses oxygen and carries the chemical energy in cells, helpful for respiratory health and improved cell function.
8. Heart Health Medicinal mushrooms help with many leading cardiovascular disorders, contributing to keeping the heart and blood vessels healthy. Studies have shown these powerful mushrooms can help to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as help recovery from chronic cardiovascular diseases.
9. Virus Protection The compounds in medicinal mushrooms help improve the production of specific immune system cells called lymphocytes, which help protect cells from viruses. Adding medicinal mushroom extracts to your diet is especially wise during winter months or viral outbreaks.
10. Stress Relief The beta-glucans in Reishi have the unique effect of increasing the T-cell levels of the immune system. This can lower the inflammation response caused by pollution, stress and poor diet. Because of this, medicinal mushrooms are hugely beneficial for supporting the adrenal system, and helping with chronic fatigue and other stress response symptoms
So there you have it, our favourite benefits that you can access by adding medicinal mushroom extracts to your daily routine. Reach your health goals and boost your health with science backed benefits that you can feel!
You probably read in a lot of articles that certain foods are rich in antioxidants and that is correct. But here’s the good news! You don’t need to stick to fruits and vegetables if you want to eat something rich in antioxidants.